Thursday 19 August 2021

Under the string

 Kia ora bloggers, on Wednesday the 14th of April we experienced ANZAC. How we experienced ANZAC was the teachers were setting up strings everywhere around the classroom but we didn't know about the strings at first though. Once the bell rang the teachers let us in the classroom. When we got inside the class there was heaps of string in there. When we got inside the teachers explained what we are doing when we are inside. we had to get our art book and pencils,pens and a ruler. When we got inside the trench it was cool. We had to go in my class and get our boxes for our tasks. It was cool how all of the teachers in Te Waka Ako had face paint there were only three colors on them. But when I got to my box I did not have my stationery it was in my bag so i had to use someone else pen and pencil.


 I asked a friend because I know he would let me use it until playtime because  I can use that time to get what i need in my bag. our task that we did first was a math's test. But it was going to be hard because there was going to be a loud noise like guns shooting and booms just like in the war. But some people were screaming out loud. But i hoped that i was going to beat my high score that i got from last time. Later when it was time to pack up i could not get up because if we get up we get shot by the teachers. 


Later when i finished packing up the bell rang for morning tea. so i was going to get my stuff that i said earlier but i think i should get it at the end of morning tea because if I get it at the start of morning tea i will have to hold it and i might leave it somewhere and then i can not find it. Later when morning tea finished we went swimming cause it is free swim.My friend Zara came with me. After swimming we went back into class and did the picture dictation for ANZAC. the ones that do not know what picture dictation is, it is like a teacher reading  a sentence and you have to draw the picture that matches the sentence. After all of that it was lunch play. Later when finished we garbed our lunch and go in class then sit down where you were sitting before i was sitting with friend Zara. 


After lunch we had to go find a table and find a ice block stick and then we  winded it but there were two buddy to tell you where to go and one of the buddy will be blind fold. Then when it was all widened up we went back home the END.



 


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Koleka, it's great to see that you are following the instructions from the online learning task board that your teachers have put up. I'm pleased that you shared this post - although it was a while ago, it was a really powerful and interesting learning time in Te Waka Ako. Your diary shows that you thought carefully about what our ANZAC soldiers would have been experiencing. I'm going to keep an eye out for any future posts that you make throughout lockdown. Take care, and stay safe with your bubble. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Go Koleka, this is an awesome post about all the activities we did under the strings back in April. Your writing is really improving. Great to see good punctuation elements and a broader range of vocabulary. I really like your images on your picture dictation. Thank you for going back today and finishing off your old posts. Stay safe and be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora koleka! I am very pleased with your writing, it is very cool. Why not try add some interesting sentences and make sure you have read your blog before you post it because of some spelling mistakes, but other than that you are amazing at this! Your best friend Zara

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.